Last updated: February 11, 2024
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to The Divine University, 1055 Verde Valley School Rd, Sedona, AZ 86351
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Arizona, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to The Divine University, accessible from https://thedivineuniversity.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
Political and professional affiliations
Interests in charitable causes
Where and when the event You sign up for through this Website is taking place.
Whether or not You attended the event.
Any feedback You provide about the event.
Payment and transaction data and history for purchases made on the Website.
Communications that We retain from any support requests or questions You submit.
Your preferences for receiving Our marketing communications.
Data about Your engagement with Our marketing communications.
Information from cookies and other automated technologies, such as information about the devices you use to engage with our services, and online activity data.
Third party sources
- We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, including:
Third parties, such as business data providers and public databases. For example, we may obtain information from public records in order to supplement your profile (i.e., to complete your zip code).
- Social media platforms. We may receive information about your activity when you follow us on social media and networking platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Additionally, if you access our Website through a social networking site or a third-party login service, We may collect information about You from that third party that You have made available via Your privacy settings.
- We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, including:
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Opting out of cookies
“Essential cookies” are required to operate the Website, but You can limit online tracking by:
- Blocking cookies in Your browser. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers.
- Advertising industry opt out tools.
- Platform opt-outs. Some third-party ad networks, including third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms, allow you to opt-out directly by using their opt-out tools.
- Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers can be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that You visit. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
These opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, therefore, You will need to opt out on every browser and device that You use.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate Your engagement with the Company.
- To personalize your experience on the Website.
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, subscriptions, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To provide support and attend and manage Your requests, questions, and feedback to Us.
- Direct marketing: To market and advertise Our services to You through Our Website, events, programs, and other means on the basis of Our legitimate business interests. We may send You direct marketing communications promoting our services that we believe are of interest. You can opt out of Our marketing communications by following the steps described below under “Opt out of marketing communications.” Where required by law, We will only send You marketing communications with Your consent.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may use Your information to create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data or analytics for legitimate business interests such as engaging in research and development. We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- Professional advisors: Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, in the course of the professional services that they render to Us.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
The Company is headquartered in the United States and it is necessary for the Company to process Your personal information in the United States, However, Your information, including Personal Data, will also be processed in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
If you decide to provide a review of Our services, this information may be made available to the general public.
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
- Audit Our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies
- Enforce the Website’s terms and conditions
- Prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use current industry standard and legally required technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Access to account information. You may update, correct, or delete Your account information by accessing the account you have established with us on the Website.
Opt out of marketing communications. You can opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the emails you receive from Us or contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will continue to receive service- related and other non-marketing emails until you cease using Our services.
The Company is not responsible for third-party communications sent to You.
Opt out of data sharing among Company affiliates. You may opt out of data sharing among Our affiliates by contacting Us at email@example.com.
You have the right to submit requests to the Company about Your personal information, depending on Your location and the nature of Your interactions with Our services.
- Depending on Your location and the nature of Your interactions with Our services, You may access a copy of the personal information that We have collected about You. Where applicable, We will provide the information in a portable, machine- readable, readily usable format.
- Correction of personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
- Deletion of personal information that We no longer need to provide the services or for other lawful purposes.
- You may appeal Our denial of Your personal information request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Depending on Your location and the nature of Your interactions with Our services, you may have additional rights such as to object to and request that We restrict Our use of Your personal information.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We do not share personal information with advertising partners that display targeted advertisements to users around the web.
To make privacy-related requests, please contact us at email@example.com. We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the individual making a request before We respond to the request and to assess whether these rights apply to You. To enable Us to match Our records with your personal information to respond to Your request, You must include the following details in your request: the name of our services that You used, Your first and last name You used to access our services, and the email address You used to access our services. If You do not include this information, We may be unable to complete Your request. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws.
Additionally, applicable law can limit these rights. If We decline a request We will explain Our reasoning for doing so, subject to legal restrictions.
You are entitled to exercise all rights described in the Website, Privacy Choices and Privacy Rights sections free from discrimination.
Data Privacy Framework Policy
Pursuant to the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework and the UK Extension of the EU-U.S. DataPrivacy Framework, and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (collectively, the DPF Frameworks”), EU, UK, and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain Our confirmation of whether We maintain personal information relating to You in the United States. Upon request, We will provide You with access to the personal information that We hold about You. You may also correct, amend, or delete the personal information We hold about You. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under the DPF Frameworks, should direct their query to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe. We will provide an individual opt-out choice, or opt-in for sensitive data, before We share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before We use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of Your personal information, please submit a request as set out in the Privacy Rights and
Choices section above or by written request to email@example.com.
If your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available.
We may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. The Company’s commitments under this Data Privacy Framework Policy are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.